Atheism is not a religion. It is a conglomerate of people who have found something to believe in other than a Grand Creator. Many atheists believe in science, art, music, nature, creativity – they make these things their articles of belief. Very odd since none of the above, nor any of the things in which they believe could exist without an Author. Today, many scientists, especially quantum physicists express the reality of their work as simply proving that God does exist.
So why do atheists not believe in God?
I really don’t know. Why would an atheist not want to be considered a religion? That there is an answer to.
1) The world has many religions. There are ten main religions and some 10,000 sects (break off divisions of the main religions). Six thousand of these religions exist in Africa. The United States has 1200 sects and the remainder is spread throughout the world. Add to this that sects come into existence continuously.
2) The development of religious groups is said to happen because these different religions are simply different means of representing the truth.
3) The diversity in religions is because human beings have chosen to follow men rather than to listen to God.
*All scriptures are quoted from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. Please use your own Bible to verify these scriptures. Also, is you have questions and want serious answers to do the research.
How is this last statement true? Most people don’t know the contents of the Bible. The answer is there in simple print and today, in many different languages. The Bible has been with mankind in part for thousands of years and completely for hundreds of years. Please use your own Bible to look up these scriptures.
Where “religions came from?
1) “And this is the history of Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.” (Genesis 10:1)
2) “And the sons of Ham were Cush and Mizraim and Put and Canaan.” (Genesis 10:6)
3) “And Cush became a father to Nimrod. He made the start in becoming a mighty one in the earth. 9 He displayed himself a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah. That is why there is a saying: “Just like Nimrod a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah.” 10 And the beginning of his kingdom came to be Babel and Erech and Accad and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. 11 Out of that land, he went forth into Assyria and set himself to building Nineveh and Rehoboth-Ir and Calah 12 and Resen between Nineveh and Calah: this is the great city.”
Very simply, the diversity of religions began after the Deluge. Prior to that, there was only the knowledge of One God, the Creator. After the Deluge, it was Noah’s great-grandson, Nimrod who decided for himself to go in his own way in “opposition” to God. He is the historical founder and ruler of Babel, later Babylon. Because of his disobedience, he began to create beliefs and belief systems that ignored the Creator. When the tower of Babel was destroyed and the languages were confused and people scattered throughout the earth, they took the Babylonish belief systems with them.
Today, in all “religions” around the world these Babylonish belief systems still exist. For instance the trinity, the most notable but also the hellfire doctrine and ancestor worship, the immortality of the soul and the belief that the dead can harm the living.
So, now, back to the original issue. Is atheism a religion. No. It is people who are refusing to believe in the Grand Creator and create a system of beliefs (science, etc.) that give them something to believe in, something to make living make sense. But there is another question – Why do they make their choice to not believe in a Grand Creator and all that this entails. Could it be that they are looking at the world “religions” and because they see the harm and horror that they have caused down through the ages, they refuse to believe in a God who would be the Father of such perversion. Is it that what they see presented by religions as “God’s way” is so repulsive they have decided it is safer and less painful to believe in nothing.
Why did this happen? Because man adulterated the ‘truth of God’s word.” Mankind and religious leaders have for centuries blamed God, for man’s ills and woes. Some of what we see we create ourselves because we ignore God’s standards. But, we have silent help, that the religions of the world don’t truthfully tell us about.
1) If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. (2 Corinthians 4:4)
Satan is the “god of this system of things”. Today, more than ever before we are in a constant battle against Satan and his demons.
2) And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. (Revelation 12:7-9)
Since 1914, the end of the time of the Gentiles and the beginning of The Lord’s Day” Satan with his demons have been trapped with humanity on the earth. To express his rage Satan fomented what is known as World War 1. He, using human imperfection as a tool, has been behind every despicable act and event that mankind has seen before World War 1 and after.
3) On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”
What have atheists and agnostics witnessed over the centuries? A quick example. Religious leaders causing wars, fomenting wars, and blessing families to go into battle against each other. Have you ever considered that many Americans during World Wars I and II had family in the countries that they fought against? Look at the old newsreels and photos of wartime. Who is there blessing the troops and telling them to go and kill for “God and country.”
The bottom line is that atheists exist because the world religions have not told them the truth about God. Rather than belief in evident lies, and it is safer and less painful to believe in nothing. There is no disappointment there, no taking sides, no need to exercise conscious or be concerned with what is right and wrong.
Atheism is a painful and sad comment on what religions, dating back to Babylon and down to this date, have held out to people about who God is and what His purposes are. To put it bluntly, they have lied for their own political, commercial and social gain. (Revelation 17: 3-8) (Revelation 18: 2-3, 9-10), 17-24) Atheist and so many others who have believed what religions have taught are in the same predicament that Jesus found people in his lifetime. Matthew 9:36 states Jesus compassion for these ones:
“On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.
There is an answer for those who are atheists and agnostics. Again, Jesus provides the answer found at John 17:3:
“On seeing the crowds he felt pity for them because they were skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd.”